Sunday, December 23, 2007

Last Minute Shopping

It was an extensive day shopping for presents. As always, I had a great time with Yvonnie. Hubby dropped me in her apartment around 8:30am. I met her friend Cecilia who is a Biology teacher in Baltimore. Together with Yvonnie's family and Cecilia, we attended the 9:00 mass inside the military base in Fort Meade. The Catholic chapel is gigantic and I was quiet surprise only few people were there, very much different to a typical Sunday mass in the Philippines. Majority of the Filipinos are Catholic, and religion is an important part of every individual. After the mass we ate Philly's cheesesteak and went shopping for sale sweaters at PX (base shopping center). I purchased four long sleeves shirts for myself and two blouses for my mother-in-law. Wanna guess the price? It's $2 each. Unbelievable right? Hehehe. The things that we bought were not enough so we headed to Arundel Mills. I don't really care how crowded the mall is as long as I have the right company. I bought dress coat which was sold for 50% off, got Victoria Secret thongs (hubby's favorite), sweatshirts for my sweetie and brother-in-law, slippers and Hanes T-shirts at Wal-Mart where hubby picked me up. Actually, this is my very first Christmas in the US and I have to take note when is the right time to shop. Everything is on sale or discounts. Last minute shopping during Christmas really pays off.

No comments: