Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Essence of Giving

Finally, my box has arrived in the Philippines. It took 47 days of shipping. You might be wondering what box I'm talking about here. Actually, it's what we commonly called "Balikbayan Box", which contains any kinds of gifts. We Filipinos are the majority box senders around the world. We love to send almost everything from canned goods, toys, apparel, shoes, etc. Simply because we are very family-oriented people. Anyway, when I got the message from my sister they received the box already I felt so happy. Ironic, isn't it? Though I'm the one sending and giving something, the feelings I had was unexplainable. I guess, it's true. As the saying goes, "It's better to give than to receive", especially this Christmas season. I feel so lucky that I am able to share my blessings and made lots of people smile this time of year.

No comments: