Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hmmmm... Yummy!



The long wait is over! This is one of the desserts that I've been craving. I planned to make Leche Flan a month ago after I got the ingredients. I thought I had all the necessary ingredients until I found out I didn't have the vanilla. I'm getting forgetful these days. Hehehe... We had grocery last Saturday and I really made sure vanilla was on top of my list of things to buy.

I found simple and easy to follow recipe on the net. It's really delicious.


PHILIPPINE'S LECHE FLAN

Caramel:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water

Custard:
12 egg yolks
2 cans (13 oz.) evaporated and condensed sweetened milk
1 tbsp. vanilla

1. In a large bowl, combine all custard ingredients. Stir lightly when mixing to prevent bubbles or foam from forming. Strain slowly while pouring caramel lined flan mold.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Cover mold with tin foil. Put molds into a bigger tray filled with water.

4. Bake in oven for one hour or until mixture is firm. cool before unmolding on a platter.

For Caramel

Put sugar and water in a saucepan. Caramelize in medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour into flan molds or custard cups, tilting the mold to make sure the whole surface (about less than 1 cm) is covered. The more caramel you pour into the molds the sweeter the leche flan.

Put molds in a bigger tray/ baking pan filled with water.
Bake in oven for one hour or until mixture is firm. Cool before unmolding on a platter.

No comments: