Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wish I Can Afford A Maid

It's funny when I think of how the average Filipino people with an average monthly income could afford a maid. Not the kind of maid here in the US which is paid per hour and can be quiet expensive. In the Philippines, some household even have two or three and are always on call because they stay with the family 24/7. They are paid 2,000-3,000 pesos per month which equates to only $50-$75. Pretty cheap huh? When I got here in the US, I realize how hard it is doing almost everything all by myself. It would be like this from now on, doing the laundry, ironing the clothes, cooking and cleaning the house. I can't rely on other people anymore for help nor asks someone to do the chores for me. Sometimes my hubby helps especially on weekends but I feel guilty because I know he deserves a rest from a stressful week's work. I guess I have to get used to this. Maybe I should include my new skills in my resume. :) What do you think? ;]

No comments: