Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day At Work

My first day at work went well. I was excited and nervous at the same time when I was about to enter the reception area. An approachable American employee gave me the direction where to go for my workstation. A charming lady asked me if I was the new temp for their requested job assignment. She then led me to the room where I will be assigned for days. She introduced me to two black ladies and a gentleman who came there an hour ago. They are friendly. I started doing the filing and the job is very easy, a no brainer kind of thing. Hours later the supervisor arrived. I thought I was the only new hiree but there were many. He invited us to his office and we filled out our timesheet and he gave us instructions and the company's standard procedures and policies.

Around 11, my stomach was complaining already. Thank God, I brought a cheese croissant. Though lunch was served at 1:00pm, it was still a good one. I was very surprised when the team leader in our group said lunch is free. Wow! I don't have to spend a penny working in this company. Plus, it's only a three hour drive from our house. No need for extra gas expenses. Instead, I will spend my salary on shopping spree. Hehehe.

Some of my expectations were met some were not. But it's ok. I'm glad I have a job to keep me busy. I need to cross out the "find a job" on my "to do list" tonight.

No comments: