Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Good Old Movies

I borrowed five DVD movies last week. Since I don't have to pay a single cent for borrowing from the public library, I always take advantage of getting as many stuffs as I want. They don't really care how many as long as you'll return them on time.

  • The Secret Garden, I loved this movie when I was still a kid. It's a timeless tale of a special place where magic, hope and love grow. It's a special garden where friendships blossom, illnesses fade away and sorrows flee.
  • The Scarlet Letter, An epic version of Nathaniel Hawthorne's enduring novel of Puritan America in search of its soul. A woman condememned for a sin of passion must wear forever the scarlet letter "A" on her chest.
  • Three Sovereigns for Sarah, A true story of of ninetten people hanged and one old man pressed to death, while hundereds of others suffered in jail cells during the "witch hysteria" of 1962. It is a powerful and moving story of three loving sisters who are accused of withcraft.
  • The Turn of the Screw, A good old fashioned ghost story where a naive, young governess is hired by a charming bachelor to look after his two young children in a grand mansion in rural England. She feels she alone can save them from a horrifying fate.
  • Terms of Endearment, I like this movie. It's an insightful story of two captivating mother and daughter 30-year relationship. There were some scenes which made me cry because it reminded me of my mother back home in the Philippines. We are super close and we both enjoy shopping and spa. I miss her even more.


No comments: