Thursday, January 24, 2008

My New Pinay Friend

It all started in friendster. I got her message saying "hello" and "how are you". When I checked her profile, I got excited because we have the same address here in Maryland. She must be from Cebu since she has some uploaded pictures of Mactan International Airport. Hmmm, I like the idea that she speaks Cebuano. I know some friends who speak the same but they are in other states. I can only talk to them on the phone. Well, I have a close friend here and she's Tagalog. I'm not very fluent of the language. Sometimes I get conscious of how I speak to her and there are some things that I can't fully express myself. Hehehe. Anyway, I replied back with my phone number so she could call if she needs someone to talk to. She's new here, originally from Seattle Washington. The nature of her husband's work in the military led them here.

Today, I got a call from her. She seems very nice. She invited me to lunch and so we went to Panda Express (Chinese restaurant). Her daughter is adorable and now I want to have one. LoL. Then we headed to Loehmann's and bought some shoes. I got myself new boots. It's a Kenneth Cole and I paid $16.00. It's a clearance item which originally cost $89.00. Looks like this girl will be my new shopping buddy.

I really had a great afternoon. I'm glad I found a new pinay friend in the area.

No comments: