Monday, March 10, 2008

First Day At Work

Thank God, I got a new job offer from Wells Fargo Bank and it started today. I arrived at the building's parking lot around 7:45 a.m. I had mixed emotions. I felt nervous but excited at the same time. Then I went inside the building and looked for the supervisor. A black lady guard greeted me at the reception and dialed the extension line of the person I was looking for. Minutes later two geeky guys came in and were looking for the same person. There must be three new employees including me. While waiting at the lobby, I noticed employees coming in with their very professional look business attire. I did not notice any Asian or Mexican, just Caucasian and black. I hope racial discrimination among other races is not an issue in their corporate culture. Then came the introduction of oneself and meeting with some employees who came in early, the tour in the establishment, and the orientation. I was surprised with my huge cubicle where I will be working. There's so much privacy and space and I have a chair for whoever comes in. The training and brief procedures as well as the discussion of company policies lasted for an hour and then we proceeded immediately with some practice documents. The nature of the job is kind of difficult because it needs focus and keen to details is important. Employees there are so helpful and friendly. It's funny because I got lost in the building after getting my packed lunch which I left in the car. Thanks to the lady guard who assisted me. As she said "It's normal on the first day".

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wow! I am excited for you! :)