Friday, February 15, 2008

Memories of Midnight

It took me awhile to grab the book "Memories of Midnight" by Sidney Sheldon. It was just sitting in our center table untouched. I should have returned this book weeks ago but I was preoccupied with lots of things. I got addicted to blogging and reading my friends' blogs. Aside from blogging, a shopaholic friend of mine always give me a call in the morning and wants my company to go malling, eat out, and I can't say no because I enjoy doing these things also. Hehehe.

The plot of Memories of Midnight takes off from the ending of The Other Side of Midnight, where Catherine Douglas is recovering in a convent. The outside world believes that she has been murdered by her husband, Larry, and his mistress Noelle Page. While in actuality, she has had amnesia, and has been placed in this convent by shipping tycoon billionaire Constantin Demiris. Catherine request a need to see the world outside the convent. This request is acceeded by the Sister of the convent, but only after getting the approval of their mentor Constantin Demiris. He sees that she is taken out and placed in London with a job in one of his various offices there. Meanwhile, anyone who comes to know that Catherine is alive is getting killed...

Sidney Sheldon has created a book with twists and turns which I really like. Catherine is an ideal heroine. The book will have you turning page after page, rushing to get to the conclusion. It will give you a suspenseful entertainment. It's a story of love & passion, betrayal, revenge, and murder. The antagonist character is what I like best. He is so smart in plotting his plans and revenge. I know this is a very old book published in the 90's but I recommend this to those who have not read the book. It's a wonderful novel.

No comments: