Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Not so Lucky Girl

Woke up very early this morning (5:30am) and hubby drove me to the offices where I have schedule for interview. After taking down notes of landmarks and getting familiar with the roads, we parted at the train station where I dropped him to work. Got so nervous! Gosh it was my first time in the hi-way all by myself. From the Dorsey train station, I headed to Arberton Drive and had my 9am job interview for admin support position. It was so disappointing because the pay is very low ($8 per hour) and there are no benefits like life and health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation is only one week and have to work my ass off to get that after a year.

Got a call at 3pm from the HR personnel for an admin assistant I applied online. I told her my concern of the work location. It will take me approximately one hour excluding the traffic and it's only a part time position though.

I was supposed to have another interview at Kohl's as cashier (part time position) but I changed my mind. They want me as back up and work will mostly be midnight and until January only. It's not worth it.

Before I left the house to pick up my hubby at Dorsey, got the 4th interview from a recruiter. He said he found my resume at WorkBaltimore.com. Unfortunately the only position available is sales. I hate sales!

Very tough day but I guess my luck is yet to come.

No comments: